Seriously, folks, when I say super simple, I mean super simple. You might laugh at how simple these linen closet labels are.
But that’s cool. Because these took me no time flat, and now my linen closet is organized.
I made these labels using the Silhouette Cameo I got for Christmas. This was the first official project I tried with it, hence the emphasis on simplicity.
To start, I selected a tag design from the free downloads I got when I hooked up and installed my Cameo.
I decided on a good dimension for the totes I’d be using, then copied and pasted the design several times.
I followed the instructions to make my cuts, and peeled my design from my cutting mat. I used plain ole card stock. Like I said – I was going for simplicity!
Then I pulled out a gold paint pen and got to labeling. I realize that I could have used my Silhouette to cut the letters out of my tags, but I wasn’t sure if they’d be readable.
We mainly use the linen closet in our upstairs hallway for storing bath towels, beach towels, holiday towels, etc. I had already sorted through our towels and organized them into a bunch of fabric totes I purchased through a friend, who’s a thirty-one consultant.
Then I simply pinned my labels to the totes and shelved the towels we use most to be in easy reach.
And that’s it! Super simple, right?
Sharing with: Lou Lou Girls
I’m really excited to be teaming up with a bunch of other awesome bloggers today as part of the very first Silhouette Challenge of 2014! All year long, we’ll be bringing you fantastic projects inspired by each month’s theme, and created using our Silhouette machines.
In case you haven’t already guessed, January’s theme is… ORGANIZING! Whoo! And we’ve got 36 – yes! 36! – awesome ways to help you get organized. Check out all these great ideas & inspiration, then get organizing!
- DIY Window Shutter Mail Organizer by Weekend Craft
- Kids’ Art Wall by Tried & True
- Organizing Silhouette and Craft Supplies by The Happier Homemaker
- Simple Recipe Organization by It’s Always Craft Time
- Put a Label on it! Herb Names for Plant Stakes by Get Silvered
- Super Simple Linen Closet Labels by Two Purple Couches
- Beware of the Animals Vinyl Toy Box by A Tossed Salad Life
- Child desk accessories by Architecture of a Mom
- Organizing & the Important of Labels by The Turquoise Home
- Index Card Organizer for Easier Meal Planning by Chicken Scratch NY
- Create Craft Room Labels by Dragonfly & Lilypads
- Simple Storage Solution for your Christmas Ornaments by Vintage News Junkie
- Organize this: DIY Planner Covers, Tags & Dividers (made with Cereal Boxes) by Black and White Obsession
- How to Make a Cut File into a Print & Cut by Create & Babble
- Simple Chest Freezer Organizational Board by Nearly Handmade
- Vinyl Your Kitchen Canisters! by From Wine to Whine
- Nursery Closet Dividers & Silhouette Cut File by Creative Ramblings
- Make Custom Box Templates with a Silhouette for Drawer Organization by One Dog Woof
- Organizing the Craft Room by What’s Next Ma
- Vinyl Wall Calendar by Crafts Cakes and Cats
- Personalized Toy Storage Bins by Lil’ Mrs. Tori
- Personalized Routine Chart by Work in Progress
- Blog Planner Sheet Dividers + Free Cut Files by TitiCrafty by Camila
- Simple Project Calendar by Little Blue’s Room
- Dry Erase Photo Frame Menu Board + Free Cut File by Essentially Eclectic
- Receipt Organization with Free Cut File by The Thinking Closet
- Cute and Easy Labels by Life After Laundry
- “What’s For Dinner?” Menu Planning Board by unOriginal Mom
- Mixing Organization and Function: An Easy Conversion Chart by My Paper Craze
- Why do my cookies taste so bad? A lesson in baking. by The Life and Times of a TAP
- Custom Drawer Dividers by Please Excuse My Craftermath…
- The evolution of my labeling system by feto soap
- Ikea Drawer labels by McCall Manor
- Glass Etched Vinegar & Oil bottles by Terri Johnson Creates
- Organize It: Bathroom Closet by The House on Hillbrook
- Ombre Butterfly Magnet Board by Sowdering About