I’m tabling my usual “Weekly Wishlist” this week in favor of a more broad look at the year to come, and what I hope it brings, from home projects to life in general. Corny? Maybe. Rife with things resembling “resolutions”? Also maybe. Indulge me.
– paint the following spaces: entryway, my office, family room, kitchen, powder room (pretty much our whole first floor); our master bedroom/bathroom, and maybe our “bonus room”
– reorganize the pantry (and get Tom to follow the system!)
– create a better, combined filing system for all our important documents, tax info, etc
– build bookshelves & a window seat for my office
– install crown molding
– install wall molding if we feel like it / have time to get fancy
– pick out a pattern and fabric so my mom can make us a quilt for our bed
– furnish some of our emptier rooms (dining room, bonus room)
– expand the vegetable garden; try growing some fall/winter items this year! (pumpkins???)
– attend Haven Conference in August
– take a trip to the West Coast (Oregon/Washington) to visit family and friends
– start some personal writing projects (that novel ain’t gonna write itself!)
– try to be more patient and get less discouraged when things don’t work out the way I want them to (oh, this applies to so. many. things.)
– try running again. (reminder to self: take it slowly. starting with intervals is okay. everyone has their own pace.)
Whew. Okay. That sure seems like a lot of stuff. But I think it’s doable! And if it’s not, that’s what the “try to be more patient” item is for 😉
What’s on your wishlist for 2013? A special item? A long-awaited project? A personal goal? I’d love to hear what you’re working on in the new year!
Love that your list and my list seem to have SO MANY of the same things in them. We’ll keep one another accountable/comfort one another when things don’t happen as planned 🙂
Yes!! Haha, great minds, right? We will totally keep each other accountable 🙂 Happy New Year!!
I started running in 2 minute intervals. It took me probably 3 months to work up to running 15 minutes continuously. I used to think I wanted to run faster or longer, but I just get disappointed and frustrated when one run is slower than the last. I tossed those goals and just enjoy being outside in the fresh air. My motto: slow and steady wins the race!
I need to remember that motto more often 😉 I need to learn to just enjoy being outside more… relish the run instead of treating it like a chore!
Pingback: 2013 “Resolutions” « two purple couches