I have to admit that I’m not really big into the giving and receiving of blog awards. Don’t get me wrong, I am beyond flattered that fellow bloggers feel my little corner of the internet is worthy of mention. So let me take this opportunity to say, Thank You, So Very Much! I truly appreciate everyone who takes a few minutes of their day to read my ramblings and comment on my crafts. As soon as I see a WordPress notification pop up on my phone, a smile instantly spreads across my face. And since I’ve received some very sweet shout-outs recently (many thanks in particular to Beth @ B&B Build a Life, Clare @ DawnDancers, 365 Days to Unstuck, and Thalita @ The Learner Observer), I think it’s time I return the love.
There are differing rules around the interwebs for how the Liebster and other award should be received and bestowed upon others. And I’m not really one for rules… So? I’m just going to do it my way. Naysayers can deal with it.
Fun Facts About Me:
– I am an only child.
– I am under 5′ tall (official height is 4-feet, 11 and 3/4-inches). My husband is just shy of 6′ tall. We’re a bit of an odd couple that way.
– Horses have been my favorite animal for as long as I can remember. I took lessons in grade school, and finally got to own my own in high school – a retired Thoroughbred racehorse named Cheerio.
– The Bichon Frise is my favorite dog. Our little MollyMoo is a Bichon-Shih Tzu mix, though there is absolutely nothing Shih-Tzu about her, in look or in behavior.
– My husband and I are high-school sweethearts. We met on a blind date; he was my first kiss and my first boyfriend. We got married on the 7-year anniversary of the day he asked me to be his girlfriend. We’ve been married for 6 years, so that makes 13 total years together (yikes!). And I’m not even 30 yet! (commence ridiculous “awwww”-ing)
– I have read all of Jane Austen’s novel at least twice. And the BBC mini-series version of Pride and Prejudice is my favorite. Um, Colin Firth, anyone?
11 Questions (I’m smashing together questions from the two individuals who nominated me for the Liebster Award)
- Read any good books lately? I’m late on the bandwagon, but read The Help last year and really enjoyed it. I received two copies of The Night Circus for Christmas, so I’m looking forward to cracking one of those open soon.
- What was your favourite toy growing up? My Little Ponies, hands-down!
- If you could live in any time period, which would it be and why? Even though it would probably end up being boring and suppressive, the time period of Jane Austen’s novels. Or Victorian England.
- How many pairs of shoes do you own? Probably at least 30. I haven’t done a tally in a while…
- What was the last super delicious thing you ate? Home-made: I made some killer blueberry waffles a few weeks ago; Restaurant-made: guacamole from Nada, an upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Cincinnati.
- What’s your favourite song right now? Macklemore and Lewis’ “Thrift Shop Song.” I love super-talented people who can rap about “everyday” things and make it sound hella-tight. See also, “I’m on a Boat” by The Lonely Planet.
- Coffee or tea? coffee, specifically a latte and cappuccino.
- What are you most looking forward to this summer and why? HAVEN CONFERENCE IN ATLANTA!!!
- If you could only have 1 TV channel, what would it be and why? HGTV. I could take in home decor inspiration all. day. long.
- Martha Stewart – Genius or the Devil? Or both? Both.
- What is your favorite vacation spot? Maui, Hawaii! Or Disney World 🙂
My Nominees / Blogs I Think You Should Know About:
If you feel so inclined, you can answer my questions:
1. Are your nails currently painted? If so, what brand and color?
2. Are you a plain Vanilla or Salted-Caramel-and-Espresso-with-Hot-Fudge type of person?
3. If you were a flower, what would you be and why?
4. Dog person, cat person, or other?
5. Best high-school memory?
6. Favorite course you took in college?
7. What’s on your desk right now?
8. What do you love most about yourself?